Review Detail

Goldline
Gold Dealers

Got soaked on premiums.

Reviewed by Houdini | November 08, 2012

Bought gold proofs eagles for IRA. I thought, based on reputation and Glenn Beck "investigation of those who advertise with him," that the deal was good (didn't do my research). Proves to do homework. Buying direct from US Mint, found out that basic premiums for proofs are 15% They were 30%. When queried later, it was admitted that premium above market is "commission." OK I'll buy a little commission, since they can put it into an IRA and the US Mint can't. But once I was pointed to McAlvany by my mother-in-law, I found that their premiums for gold proofs were significantly less. And their account advisors made much better sense.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Bought gold proofs eagles for IRA. I thought, based on reputation and Glenn Beck "investigation of those who advertise with him," that the deal was good (didn't do my research). Proves to do homework. Buying direct from US Mint, found out that basic premiums for proofs are 15% They were 30%. When queried later, it was admitted that premium above market is "commission." OK I'll buy a little commission, since they can put it into an IRA and the US Mint can't. But once I was pointed to McAlvany by my mother-in-law, I found that their premiums for gold proofs were significantly less. And their account advisors made much better sense.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.