Review Detail

Texas Precious Metals
Gold Dealers

Yes

Reviewed by ohman | January 11, 2013

My first order with Texas Precious Metals went so well that I sent them another. This time, it was for one, one half and one quarter gold coins and one ounce silver coins. The order was placed on a Wednesday evening after receiving the very first order. I met with my banker the following morning and sent a wire for payment of the order. That evening, Texas Precious Metals sent an email confirming receipt of payment. The 5 percent hold on my Visa was erased like they said it would be. On Friday, I received a UPS ground tracking number and was concerned at this point because I thought an order of this size was going to be UPS next day air. After checking my account online, I noticed everything shipped except the 1 ounce gold coins. The portion that did ship was less than 10 ounces of gold and it could go by UPS ground. I wrote customer service a letter on Friday PM expecting an answer Monday but it was actually answered immediately by their agent that next Saturday morning. The remaining shipment was at a different vault and they do not ship UPS next day air on Fridays because UPS does not deliver on Saturdays and their insurance company will not allow it. The UPS Ground order arrived on Tuesday and the UPS next day air arrived on Wednesday, all within 72 hours. A buyer could not ask for better customer service than that.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
My first order with Texas Precious Metals went so well that I sent them another. This time, it was for one, one half and one quarter gold coins and one ounce silver coins. The order was placed on a Wednesday evening after receiving the very first order. I met with my banker the following morning and sent a wire for payment of the order. That evening, Texas Precious Metals sent an email confirming receipt of payment. The 5 percent hold on my Visa was erased like they said it would be. On Friday, I received a UPS ground tracking number and was concerned at this point because I thought an order of this size was going to be UPS next day air. After checking my account online, I noticed everything shipped except the 1 ounce gold coins. The portion that did ship was less than 10 ounces of gold and it could go by UPS ground. I wrote customer service a letter on Friday PM expecting an answer Monday but it was actually answered immediately by their agent that next Saturday morning. The remaining shipment was at a different vault and they do not ship UPS next day air on Fridays because UPS does not deliver on Saturdays and their insurance company will not allow it. The UPS Ground order arrived on Tuesday and the UPS next day air arrived on Wednesday, all within 72 hours. A buyer could not ask for better customer service than that.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.