Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Don't know why I used them all this time...

Reviewed by Aaron | January 22, 2013

I've done a number of purchases of silver bars with them over the years. This last one left me wondering why I suffered through them all this time. I tried sending them a bank wire to pay for the purchase. I could not add their account to my online wire transfer despite multiple attempts. It kept on saying "account rejected". B of A says there was nothing wrong on my end & suggested I contact Apmex. I called their customer service and was treated to a rude individual who didn't hear what I was saying when I said there was nothing wrong with my account & B of A suggested I contact them. Ultimately physicially went to the bank, waited an hour on line & sent the wire.

I noticed goldmart had american silver eagles in stock (apmex sold out) for a good $2 cheaper per coin than apmex was charging (when they got some more to sell). Bought a tube online as a test. Sent the wire online from my B of A account (they use B or A also). Transaction smooth as a baby's bottom.

I don't know why I suffered with apmex all these years. Their customer service is unhelpful and there's something wrong with their receiving wire transfer account they have no interest in fixing. And as if that isn't enough, their prices are inferior to competitors.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I've done a number of purchases of silver bars with them over the years. This last one left me wondering why I suffered through them all this time. I tried sending them a bank wire to pay for the purchase. I could not add their account to my online wire transfer despite multiple attempts. It kept on saying "account rejected". B of A says there was nothing wrong on my end & suggested I contact Apmex. I called their customer service and was treated to a rude individual who didn't hear what I was saying when I said there was nothing wrong with my account & B of A suggested I contact them. Ultimately physicially went to the bank, waited an hour on line & sent the wire.

I noticed goldmart had american silver eagles in stock (apmex sold out) for a good $2 cheaper per coin than apmex was charging (when they got some more to sell). Bought a tube online as a test. Sent the wire online from my B of A account (they use B or A also). Transaction smooth as a baby's bottom.

I don't know why I suffered with apmex all these years. Their customer service is unhelpful and there's something wrong with their receiving wire transfer account they have no interest in fixing. And as if that isn't enough, their prices are inferior to competitors.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.