Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Some Things are Worth a Premium

Reviewed by John Harris | May 20, 2013

I placed my order on line. I mailed the check. I tracked the order through their process. I received my product. I have 2 criticisms for APMEX. The shipping costs are high. Any business must make money wherever it can. APMEX is making more in shipping than most. Overall prices: They're a little high.

With that being said, I can say that I haven't read as many reviews saying that APMEX is late in delivering orders. That is worth a couple of bucks per order in my opinion. If the secret to keeping customers happy is keeping the packing and delivery lines staffed, other dealers could learn from them.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
I placed my order on line. I mailed the check. I tracked the order through their process. I received my product. I have 2 criticisms for APMEX. The shipping costs are high. Any business must make money wherever it can. APMEX is making more in shipping than most. Overall prices: They're a little high.

With that being said, I can say that I haven't read as many reviews saying that APMEX is late in delivering orders. That is worth a couple of bucks per order in my opinion. If the secret to keeping customers happy is keeping the packing and delivery lines staffed, other dealers could learn from them.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Matthew
July 21, 2013
I realize that there shipping prices are a bit higher than others but I ship all the time and they charge $24.95 for a $2500-$25,000 order. There actual cost on that order is $5.95-$15.95 for the shipping cost another $1.00 for signature confirmation and on a $5000 order insurance is $49. That is $56 minimum they would get about a %10 discount for commercial shipping but they will actually loose money on shipping large orders. They charge $19.95 for orders under $1000 so they would make a couple bucks on a $500 order but still they are not making much on shipping and probably loosing most of the time which most businesses that ship loose money all the time on shipping charges because most customers just dont understand how expensive shipping really is.
1 results - showing 1 - 1