Review Detail

Tulving (Closed)
Gold Dealers

Likely won't buy from Tulving again

Reviewed by Mark Roman | August 26, 2013

I wired funds, and they were received in early July by Tulving. Significant purchase for me, after about a half dozen prior purchases with Tulving. I've phoned and spoke with Karen, and gotten the same run around as other reviewers here. Emailed Hannes himself, and he has stopped responding. This is concerning because prices were quite low, and now they are $200 higher for gold, and even higher percentage increase for silver. So did he get caught not having the gold, and then later hoping he'd procure it cheaper ? Its really the lack of response and vague answers that are troublesome to me, but the delay is making me wonder if I'll ever receive my bullion. Hate to irritate the guy bc he sort of acts like the soup Nazi from the Seinfeld episode's where if you piss him off, he puts you at the back of the line again. This likely the last time I'll do business with Tulving, and regrettably I had told someone else who was asking where I purchased. I'm considering going back to that person and saying, its not worth the worry or hassle to save a few bucks on the premiums.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I wired funds, and they were received in early July by Tulving. Significant purchase for me, after about a half dozen prior purchases with Tulving. I've phoned and spoke with Karen, and gotten the same run around as other reviewers here. Emailed Hannes himself, and he has stopped responding. This is concerning because prices were quite low, and now they are $200 higher for gold, and even higher percentage increase for silver. So did he get caught not having the gold, and then later hoping he'd procure it cheaper ? Its really the lack of response and vague answers that are troublesome to me, but the delay is making me wonder if I'll ever receive my bullion. Hate to irritate the guy bc he sort of acts like the soup Nazi from the Seinfeld episode's where if you piss him off, he puts you at the back of the line again. This likely the last time I'll do business with Tulving, and regrettably I had told someone else who was asking where I purchased. I'm considering going back to that person and saying, its not worth the worry or hassle to save a few bucks on the premiums.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Jim Smith
August 27, 2013
I recommend you go to the BBB and give that about a week and if that doesn't work, go to law enforcement. I've recommended Tulving to people in the past but now I'm warning people.
Written by Steve Johnson
August 28, 2013
Might read my review and try the same, it worked for me. SJ
In reply to an earlier comment

Written by Mark Roman
August 29, 2013
The best thing is for everyone who has these issues, is to file a complaint with the BBB. There are a number of them in July and August. Then a letter written to the State's AG with all of these incidences and corresponding details will likely trigger further investigation into the practices. For instance, if he has been prioritizing and satisfying larger clients to keep them 'happy' while potentially using (holding) smaller client funds for weeks to months for speculation purposes, then he is committing among other things, fraud. Client funds are to only go to procurement of the bullion at the said time of order to lock in price and ability to delivery, and if indeed they are in stock,as stated on their web-site, the only reason not to deliver is a lack of manpower. If he indeed is scrupulous and values clients he would have hired temp help for deliveries if he thinks this is a temporal increase in orders. If its an 'insurance cap' then he ups his insurance. There are too many red flags here for this to be a simple matter, a legitimate business practice. Who knows what he is doing with client funds, but surely its not being used to procure bullion and ship out right away on a consistent basis. Keeping his 'larger clients' happy is a front for something else. Opinion of course, but I've dealt with enough characters over the course of 30 years to recognize when a situation doesn't pass the 'smell test.'
3 results - showing 1 - 3