Review Detail

JM Bullion
Gold Dealers

Canceled my Order

Reviewed by Matt | March 17, 2015

Last night I placed an order with JM Bullion and today I received an email saying that my order had been canceled. This is what the email said:

We are unable to complete your transaction at this time. As a safe guard to our customers, we have a policy of not completing credit card orders in “high risk areas” due to a high number of fraudulent purchase attempts in your location. We do apologize for the inconvenience, but do have an obligation to protect our customers from fraud. Your funds should reappear back on your credit card within 48 hours. Alternatively, we invite you to explore purchasing by paper check or bank wire. For any questions, please contact us by phone, live chat, or email.

I had my items shipped to a very low crime area, so I'm not sure what the criteria is for a "high risk area". I'm sure the owner or whoever will come on here and reply stating that the process is automated and they use a 3rd party authentication processor. That's all find and dandy...but it sure makes for a bad buying experience. For an industry that runs on real-time pricing, it is very inconvenient to cancel someone's order when they may have locked in a good price.

It's really too bad because I liked their site and I liked the free shipping. I guess my business will have to go to APMEX next time.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Last night I placed an order with JM Bullion and today I received an email saying that my order had been canceled. This is what the email said:

We are unable to complete your transaction at this time. As a safe guard to our customers, we have a policy of not completing credit card orders in “high risk areas” due to a high number of fraudulent purchase attempts in your location. We do apologize for the inconvenience, but do have an obligation to protect our customers from fraud. Your funds should reappear back on your credit card within 48 hours. Alternatively, we invite you to explore purchasing by paper check or bank wire. For any questions, please contact us by phone, live chat, or email.

I had my items shipped to a very low crime area, so I'm not sure what the criteria is for a "high risk area". I'm sure the owner or whoever will come on here and reply stating that the process is automated and they use a 3rd party authentication processor. That's all find and dandy...but it sure makes for a bad buying experience. For an industry that runs on real-time pricing, it is very inconvenient to cancel someone's order when they may have locked in a good price.

It's really too bad because I liked their site and I liked the free shipping. I guess my business will have to go to APMEX next time.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Matt
March 25, 2015
So, are you saying that the order was canceled because I was using a credit card for my first purchase with you? I didn't see that policy anywhere on your website.
1 results - showing 1 - 1