Review Detail

Provident Metals
Gold Dealers

Mixed Feelings

Reviewed by Joseph Learned | June 04, 2015

Typically, provident metals is a good place to buy coins. My most recent purchase though, i had some issues. My BU pre-1921 Morgan which I ordered for, wasn't like the BU advertised in the pictures. If you looked at one side of the coin (where the eagle is facing) it was black and very toned while on the other side, it looked BU. Seems odd, how can one side be very toned while the other is untoned? My purchase also included 4 other BU coins (1 morgan/1 peace and 2 other foreign) The other 2 morgans were labeled BU while the pre-1921 was not.

I was also short on my $100 face bag of dimes which included a Canadian dime.

Emailed 4 days ago- no response other then that they were going to respond back within 1-2 days which they did not.

Provident is good if you get what you ordered for, but if you don't??? Good Luck, you will need it.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
Typically, provident metals is a good place to buy coins. My most recent purchase though, i had some issues. My BU pre-1921 Morgan which I ordered for, wasn't like the BU advertised in the pictures. If you looked at one side of the coin (where the eagle is facing) it was black and very toned while on the other side, it looked BU. Seems odd, how can one side be very toned while the other is untoned? My purchase also included 4 other BU coins (1 morgan/1 peace and 2 other foreign) The other 2 morgans were labeled BU while the pre-1921 was not.

I was also short on my $100 face bag of dimes which included a Canadian dime.

Emailed 4 days ago- no response other then that they were going to respond back within 1-2 days which they did not.

Provident is good if you get what you ordered for, but if you don't??? Good Luck, you will need it.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Guest
June 05, 2015
I guess I should have waited a little longer. Provident got back to me and now is fixing the situation. I am trying to see IF I can change the review.
In reply to an earlier comment

Written by Joseph
June 17, 2015
Almost have the situation resolved. Received a package with the missing junk silver but not the Morgan. Trying to get the other issue resolved.
Written by Joseph
June 23, 2015
My issues were resolved. I was sent back an amazing looking Morgan after the remaining shipment of junk silver. Thank you very much Provident for working with me to resolve the issues.

#1 thing is to have patience, Provident will work with you, if you work with them.

3 results - showing 1 - 3