Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Cross your fingers that you get what you ordered

Reviewed by Patrick R | December 06, 2015

I ordered two MS64 PCGS Morgan Silvers Dollars and received a 40th anniversary Eisenhower coin and a 1923 MS63 Peace Dollar.
I called APMEX the morning after receiving the wrong coins and was told that the return department had to investigate and would get back to me (like that's my problem?). A couple of hours later I received a message that the investigation determined that the mistake was due to human error (Duh!) and that I would be receiving an email with a RMA shipping label. 4-5 hours later I received the email with the label and instructions. I mail the incorrect coins back the following morning. USPS delivered the package on Monday Nov 30th. Apmex did not update me that they had received so I called them late Tues AM 12/1. They said it was received but had to process it and that I would get an email with more info. Received an email Tues pm stating that they had received the package but that it would take 3-5 days to process it (must of had a ton of returns). Late Friday 12/4 I received an email that they had processed my return and that the two Morgan coins were not available and would refund my money. ( I checked the website and one of the two coins was still showing available?) Bottom-line cross your fingers that your order is done correctly or go through the frustrating and lengthy return process described above. Good luck.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I ordered two MS64 PCGS Morgan Silvers Dollars and received a 40th anniversary Eisenhower coin and a 1923 MS63 Peace Dollar.
I called APMEX the morning after receiving the wrong coins and was told that the return department had to investigate and would get back to me (like that's my problem?). A couple of hours later I received a message that the investigation determined that the mistake was due to human error (Duh!) and that I would be receiving an email with a RMA shipping label. 4-5 hours later I received the email with the label and instructions. I mail the incorrect coins back the following morning. USPS delivered the package on Monday Nov 30th. Apmex did not update me that they had received so I called them late Tues AM 12/1. They said it was received but had to process it and that I would get an email with more info. Received an email Tues pm stating that they had received the package but that it would take 3-5 days to process it (must of had a ton of returns). Late Friday 12/4 I received an email that they had processed my return and that the two Morgan coins were not available and would refund my money. ( I checked the website and one of the two coins was still showing available?) Bottom-line cross your fingers that your order is done correctly or go through the frustrating and lengthy return process described above. Good luck.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.