Review Detail

JM Bullion
Gold Dealers

Terrible Customer Service / Cherry-picking

Reviewed by Daryl | April 14, 2016

For my first transaction with JM Bullion, part of my order was for five (5) 2015 silver maple coins. Each and every coin was scratched, not real faint ones either but ones you can feel with your finger. There is no way these coins were not cherry-picked for their terrible condition; the odds of every single coin being scratched when being "picked at random" are very very slim. I notified customer service and they just said thanks, we'll pass along your feedback. After this, I was fairly confident that I would not order from JM Bullion ever again.

After 9 months, I decided to give them another shot after receiving an email from them with some good deals. I ordered on April 1st with their new eCheck process, which they say is faster and usually ships in 1-2 business days. Ten (10) days later my order status is still showing as processing; this is now business day 6 after I placed my order. I write them an email in the morning asking what's going on, and it takes more than 24 hours to receive a call back. Apparently there was a glitch with the system and they need to take payment over the phone, ie they want me to verbally provide my checking account or credit card # over the phone. No, I don't think so. That, and they wouldn't honor the cash discount if I used credit card so I didn't have to wait even longer for the check to process. Needless to say, I cancelled the order and will never ever do business with JM Bullion again. Fool me once....

I have had many transactions with Provident, Monarch, APMEX, Yeager, and many other online and eBay retailers and have never had an issue like this. Their customer service is terrible to boot, no one apologized for the error or wanted to make things right. Several people I talked to could barely string together an intelligent sentence.

Coincidentally, the spot price was the lowest in months ($14.96) when I purchased and now it is at $16.23. Not sure if this is the reason for the "glitch" but it seems highly suspect to me.

DO NOT TRUST JM BULLION! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
For my first transaction with JM Bullion, part of my order was for five (5) 2015 silver maple coins. Each and every coin was scratched, not real faint ones either but ones you can feel with your finger. There is no way these coins were not cherry-picked for their terrible condition; the odds of every single coin being scratched when being "picked at random" are very very slim. I notified customer service and they just said thanks, we'll pass along your feedback. After this, I was fairly confident that I would not order from JM Bullion ever again.

After 9 months, I decided to give them another shot after receiving an email from them with some good deals. I ordered on April 1st with their new eCheck process, which they say is faster and usually ships in 1-2 business days. Ten (10) days later my order status is still showing as processing; this is now business day 6 after I placed my order. I write them an email in the morning asking what's going on, and it takes more than 24 hours to receive a call back. Apparently there was a glitch with the system and they need to take payment over the phone, ie they want me to verbally provide my checking account or credit card # over the phone. No, I don't think so. That, and they wouldn't honor the cash discount if I used credit card so I didn't have to wait even longer for the check to process. Needless to say, I cancelled the order and will never ever do business with JM Bullion again. Fool me once....

I have had many transactions with Provident, Monarch, APMEX, Yeager, and many other online and eBay retailers and have never had an issue like this. Their customer service is terrible to boot, no one apologized for the error or wanted to make things right. Several people I talked to could barely string together an intelligent sentence.

Coincidentally, the spot price was the lowest in months ($14.96) when I purchased and now it is at $16.23. Not sure if this is the reason for the "glitch" but it seems highly suspect to me.

DO NOT TRUST JM BULLION! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.