Review Detail

JM Bullion
Gold Dealers

Avoid Buying from JM Bullion

Reviewed by Jim | August 05, 2016

As a willing bullion buyer, I spent hours every day for weeks tracking the bullion market to take advantage of last night’s temporary dip in bullion prices, Some precious metal blogs recommended JM Bullion. So I trusted JM was legit. I invested quite a bit of my time learning JM Bullion's website, analyzing their offerings and made a legitimate purchase on their website. In that process, I saw some discrepancies between what JM posted as the spot Ask prices and what I saw on live feeds from other sites. This was significant because all the silver I purchased was based on live spot prices. JM's prices where always 3% - 4% higher than what was quoted on other lives feeds.
It was late at night and no one was available at JM to discuss these discrepancies and the dip in the market (which I timed very well) would not last.
I confirmed my order on their site which was for multiple tens of thousands of dollars - not a small purchase. After I pushed that button, I got their order confirmation showing a higher price than what I had approved.
Immediately I communicated these problems to JM with a message to them on their website.
The explanation that in the 2-3 seconds it took to push the next button that prices changed is irrelevant because we had an agreement at the price they offered to sell me bullion. Also I was watching bullion prices drop significantly at that very same moment on my other screen. IF they were honestly adjusting my purchase price to the actual market price, then my price should have dropped significantly. Instead, they charged me more.
I requested a call back the next morning. I thought someone there would surely have the decency to call me, look into this, make any needed adjustments and get this resolved. I have proof that what they charged me was higher than what their site quoted me.
No one from JM ever called me. And this was for a large purchase. God help anyone get honest service from them if they are only buying $10,000 of bullion from them.

Instead of dealing with any of these price discrepancies, JM wrote me a terse reply that they were cancelling my order. Seriously?

I trusted JM Bullion to be a trustworthy bullion dealer, referred to me by multiple sources, including Gold Dealer Reviews. As their customer, I did everything I was supposed to do- funds to cover the check have been transferred and the check is in the mailbox.. By cancelling my order, they essentially sold my bullion position without my authorization. Since the market has moved against me. will this 'reputable dealer' cover me for any losses until I am able to re-enter my order?

And the sad thing is, it would have taken so little from JM to make these problems right. From my personal experience in buying bullion from JM, it seems, JM takes every opportunity to bait and switch clients into paying them more money then we, the clients agreed to pay.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
As a willing bullion buyer, I spent hours every day for weeks tracking the bullion market to take advantage of last night’s temporary dip in bullion prices, Some precious metal blogs recommended JM Bullion. So I trusted JM was legit. I invested quite a bit of my time learning JM Bullion's website, analyzing their offerings and made a legitimate purchase on their website. In that process, I saw some discrepancies between what JM posted as the spot Ask prices and what I saw on live feeds from other sites. This was significant because all the silver I purchased was based on live spot prices. JM's prices where always 3% - 4% higher than what was quoted on other lives feeds.
It was late at night and no one was available at JM to discuss these discrepancies and the dip in the market (which I timed very well) would not last.
I confirmed my order on their site which was for multiple tens of thousands of dollars - not a small purchase. After I pushed that button, I got their order confirmation showing a higher price than what I had approved.
Immediately I communicated these problems to JM with a message to them on their website.
The explanation that in the 2-3 seconds it took to push the next button that prices changed is irrelevant because we had an agreement at the price they offered to sell me bullion. Also I was watching bullion prices drop significantly at that very same moment on my other screen. IF they were honestly adjusting my purchase price to the actual market price, then my price should have dropped significantly. Instead, they charged me more.
I requested a call back the next morning. I thought someone there would surely have the decency to call me, look into this, make any needed adjustments and get this resolved. I have proof that what they charged me was higher than what their site quoted me.
No one from JM ever called me. And this was for a large purchase. God help anyone get honest service from them if they are only buying $10,000 of bullion from them.

Instead of dealing with any of these price discrepancies, JM wrote me a terse reply that they were cancelling my order. Seriously?

I trusted JM Bullion to be a trustworthy bullion dealer, referred to me by multiple sources, including Gold Dealer Reviews. As their customer, I did everything I was supposed to do- funds to cover the check have been transferred and the check is in the mailbox.. By cancelling my order, they essentially sold my bullion position without my authorization. Since the market has moved against me. will this 'reputable dealer' cover me for any losses until I am able to re-enter my order?

And the sad thing is, it would have taken so little from JM to make these problems right. From my personal experience in buying bullion from JM, it seems, JM takes every opportunity to bait and switch clients into paying them more money then we, the clients agreed to pay.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.