Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

3 orders = 3 successes

Reviewed by Bill Cox | April 21, 2013

The main thing I like about Apmex is they post their buy/sell prices right there online for everyone to see. I'm suspicious of companies who force you to call.
I have placed 3 orders with Apmex for various coins & bars. Each order was filled promptly, on time, at advertised price, no tricks, no hidden fees, no fooling around. Prior to the first order, I spoke with a rep and was given some very helpful & useful information, including a follow up email with further details. The last 2 orders were totally online. One by check and one by credit card. Personal check takes longer to receive delivery, but that's understandable as they must wait for funds to clear. But it's cheaper than using a credit card, which is also reasonable.
Some of the negative reviews are really more issues with the customer, e.g. changing his mind, not reading the rules, making assumptions, faulty expectations. So it pays to read the details and not just the average rating.
I haven't tried the others, so unfortunately can't compare.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
The main thing I like about Apmex is they post their buy/sell prices right there online for everyone to see. I'm suspicious of companies who force you to call.
I have placed 3 orders with Apmex for various coins & bars. Each order was filled promptly, on time, at advertised price, no tricks, no hidden fees, no fooling around. Prior to the first order, I spoke with a rep and was given some very helpful & useful information, including a follow up email with further details. The last 2 orders were totally online. One by check and one by credit card. Personal check takes longer to receive delivery, but that's understandable as they must wait for funds to clear. But it's cheaper than using a credit card, which is also reasonable.
Some of the negative reviews are really more issues with the customer, e.g. changing his mind, not reading the rules, making assumptions, faulty expectations. So it pays to read the details and not just the average rating.
I haven't tried the others, so unfortunately can't compare.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.