Review Detail

Bullion Direct - (Closed)
Gold Dealers

Bullion Direct

Reviewed by Scott Carter | February 05, 2015

Three weeks since my check was cashed and no product shipped and not commitment when it will be shipped. There is no account manager to talk to and emails seem to be automated. No one seems to be on the other line except to cash your checks of course. The company is clearly selling product that it can't deliver. They clearly don't have an interest to reassure their customers that there product is in the pipeline and earmarked. It would be worth a little more to me to have someone on the other end to tell me when they expect to get a shipment in to sell.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Three weeks since my check was cashed and no product shipped and not commitment when it will be shipped. There is no account manager to talk to and emails seem to be automated. No one seems to be on the other line except to cash your checks of course. The company is clearly selling product that it can't deliver. They clearly don't have an interest to reassure their customers that there product is in the pipeline and earmarked. It would be worth a little more to me to have someone on the other end to tell me when they expect to get a shipment in to sell.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

4 results - showing 1 - 4

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Bullion Direct Customer Service
February 25, 2015
Customer order was filled 02/19/2015. Every page of the website, www.bulliondirect.com has the following notice on it, outlined in RED:

"Due to a surge in market activity and manufacturer/mint delays, please anticipate possible fulfillment delays."

Additionally, our Announcements panel is available on every page, and it contains the same announcement. This customer obviously did not care to read the delay warnings, despite their prominence. Almost every major mint in the world experiences delays at the start of the new year, due to switching product dates and using that time to re-tool and build inventory. Bullion Direct does it's best to convey these delays whenever possible.

Written by Gene Snyder
April 02, 2015
I've got a similar complaint,though mine is with apparently lost product on a nucleo trade.

Far more disturbing than the actual issue is that I've received no response to phone messages and only unsigned automated responses to email. It's like dealing with a government bureaucracy. It's also not my practice to air my grievances in a public forum, but I believe at this point embarrassing these guys is the only way I'll get a response.

I don't hold bullion direct to a standard of perfection, but it's beyond unacceptable that they can lose several thousand dollars worth of product and not even have the courtesy to respond to me personally. I think my issue centers around the recent relocation of their product center from Texas to Delaware, and I remain hopeful that this issue will eventually resolve. Based on what I'm seeing in other comments, I'm far less hopeful that B/Direct will ever get the communication failures on their part.
Written by Scott
April 14, 2015
I'm in the same boat. Still waiting, three weeks now since they cashed my check, no word of a delivery. Your notice in red has been up for two years. Here's an idea: give an estimate based on previous experience on how long it will take to fill an order. Give the estimate before people hand over their money.

Thanks very much, BD for answering in online forums where you can't be bothered to answer customers querying you directly.
In reply to an earlier comment

Written by Tony
April 17, 2015
Do not waste your time buying products from bullionDirect. I bought gold bar online a month ago, my check was cashed 3 weeks ago and I have not received anything yet. There is no way to call customer support, online chat is disabled. I have sent 3 emails to customer support and they reply back saying everything is delayed and they don't have estimated ship date. I will file a complaint to BBb. This is ridiculous. I am never buying anything from bulliondirect.
4 results - showing 1 - 4