Review Detail

Kitco
Gold Dealers

Worked smoothly ... exactly what was on their web site

Reviewed by David | February 22, 2015

I've placed several orders with Kitco in the past 2 years - buying gold / platinum coins - but also selling gold coins once. Most of the times I paid with a bank wire (from the US) with no trouble at all ... once I had sent in a personal check beforehand and waited until it cleared before ordering.
The best thing that I like about Kitco is that the price they show on their web site is what you actually pay. My first order was with a different company that quoted a lower $/coin on the web, but when I called to order, they added a non-Atlas charge and then a sales commission on top! But at Kitco it was straight $/coin + shipping/insurance (when applicable), all quoted to you before you commit to buy. Will continue to deal with them.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
I've placed several orders with Kitco in the past 2 years - buying gold / platinum coins - but also selling gold coins once. Most of the times I paid with a bank wire (from the US) with no trouble at all ... once I had sent in a personal check beforehand and waited until it cleared before ordering.
The best thing that I like about Kitco is that the price they show on their web site is what you actually pay. My first order was with a different company that quoted a lower $/coin on the web, but when I called to order, they added a non-Atlas charge and then a sales commission on top! But at Kitco it was straight $/coin + shipping/insurance (when applicable), all quoted to you before you commit to buy. Will continue to deal with them.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Garry
September 09, 2015
For the first time, I bought some gold and silver to one of Kitco's location.
- They ask me for my personal address as I open the account.
- The first purchase I have done the very first day, the guy serving me ask me if it was for me or someone else; he claimed that he need to - know this, because he can't sell me if I want to buy for someone else.
- the following week, my house was burglar, all my closets were searched and they broke into my safe and sell all our jewelry, gold and silver,

Wow, what a coincidences. I forgot to mentioned that we had this safe and jewelry for the last 10 years or more.

I have a message to Kitco Executives: YOU SHOULD BE MORE RIGOUROUS WITH YOUR HIRING PROCESS, THAT COST ME A BIG CHUCK ON MY LIFE'S SAVING.

As per buyer; use a postal box or buy from your bank.
1 results - showing 1 - 1