Review Detail

Kitco
Gold Dealers

Will never do business wtih them again

Reviewed by Laurine Fox | October 12, 2022

I had monies invested in metals w/ Kitco for almost exactly a decade. After making my initial purchases (and leaving them in the care of Kitco), I had almost nothing to do with Kitco for the remainder of that decade.
When, however, I went to convert the metals back into currency and have the resultant check sent to me, it was a MOST unpleasant experience.
For starters, the Customer Service Rep (CSR) with whom I was speaking became noticeably unhappy about me closing out my account. He also steered me towards receiving my check via regular mail, which I agreed to. But I had no idea that it would take almost a MONTH to receive that check.
I kept looking for that check, and it didn't show up for three weeks and a day!!
After two weeks of waiting, I called Kitco and asked where my check was?
I was advised by THAT CSR that their "policy" is that they have 21 business days to get you your check.
I made it clear to them that I had placed an order for vitamins only a couple of days prior from up in North Dakota, and had received that order within 4 days of placing it (throught the post office). So I KNEW that the postal system wasn't the reason for the delay in my receipt of the Kitco check, and made it clear to them that I thought they didn't have any right to simply hold onto MY money for weeks on end.
THIS CSR was unhappy to hear THAT piece of information. I"m sorry, but these KItco CSRs are living in some alternate reality if first, they don't expect anyone to ever close out an account with Kitco (AND get noticeably bent out of shape when someone does close out an account with them); and second, also think that it should be A-OK with Kitco's cusotmers for Kitco to hold onto money that belongs to their customers (and NOT to Kitco) for weeks at a time.
Unbelievable.
AND... to be clear... I was looking forward to (finally) receiving the check, so I could check the envelop in which it came, and see how long they waited before they actually mailed out my check to me.
Well... Kitco - a company that I had THOUGHT was so above-board and trusted so much - pulled a fast one regarding this matter, also, 'cuz (if you can believe it) Kitco has figured out a way to mail out your check to you WITH NO DATE of MAILING ON THE ENVELOP.
I wonder how much time someone at KItco spent figuring out how to circumvent the usual (and what for me, up 'til now had been the UNIVERSAL) mailing procedure of dating the envelop with the date that envelop had been mailed out?
Way to go Kitco!!
Where do you think business practices like this are going to get you?
You have certainly lost my business forever because of the garbage that you all put me through on this closing of my account.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I had monies invested in metals w/ Kitco for almost exactly a decade. After making my initial purchases (and leaving them in the care of Kitco), I had almost nothing to do with Kitco for the remainder of that decade.
When, however, I went to convert the metals back into currency and have the resultant check sent to me, it was a MOST unpleasant experience.
For starters, the Customer Service Rep (CSR) with whom I was speaking became noticeably unhappy about me closing out my account. He also steered me towards receiving my check via regular mail, which I agreed to. But I had no idea that it would take almost a MONTH to receive that check.
I kept looking for that check, and it didn't show up for three weeks and a day!!
After two weeks of waiting, I called Kitco and asked where my check was?
I was advised by THAT CSR that their "policy" is that they have 21 business days to get you your check.
I made it clear to them that I had placed an order for vitamins only a couple of days prior from up in North Dakota, and had received that order within 4 days of placing it (throught the post office). So I KNEW that the postal system wasn't the reason for the delay in my receipt of the Kitco check, and made it clear to them that I thought they didn't have any right to simply hold onto MY money for weeks on end.
THIS CSR was unhappy to hear THAT piece of information. I"m sorry, but these KItco CSRs are living in some alternate reality if first, they don't expect anyone to ever close out an account with Kitco (AND get noticeably bent out of shape when someone does close out an account with them); and second, also think that it should be A-OK with Kitco's cusotmers for Kitco to hold onto money that belongs to their customers (and NOT to Kitco) for weeks at a time.
Unbelievable.
AND... to be clear... I was looking forward to (finally) receiving the check, so I could check the envelop in which it came, and see how long they waited before they actually mailed out my check to me.
Well... Kitco - a company that I had THOUGHT was so above-board and trusted so much - pulled a fast one regarding this matter, also, 'cuz (if you can believe it) Kitco has figured out a way to mail out your check to you WITH NO DATE of MAILING ON THE ENVELOP.
I wonder how much time someone at KItco spent figuring out how to circumvent the usual (and what for me, up 'til now had been the UNIVERSAL) mailing procedure of dating the envelop with the date that envelop had been mailed out?
Way to go Kitco!!
Where do you think business practices like this are going to get you?
You have certainly lost my business forever because of the garbage that you all put me through on this closing of my account.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.