Review Detail

Tulving (Closed)
Gold Dealers

Very disappointing

Reviewed by Theodore Brooks | August 27, 2012

My experience with Tulving was quite disappointing. I waited months for the price of silver to dip down to $27/ounce. When it did, on the advice of my daughter whose boss must have had a special relationship with them, I purchased from Tulving. Kevin told me he had to have payment wired to him before he could guarantee price. It was wired within an hour. With a guarantee of overnight delivery, one would expect Tulving to fill the order quickly, yes? Nope...I waited and waited. I'm not much for dishonest game playing, so after a month and the fourth time of hearing my order would be shipped in 3-4 days, I asked to sell my order back as was promised. Karen said they didn't do that. I called back the next day, and spoke with Kevin as if I hadn't dealt with him. He said, as he had before, that any silver they sold, they would buy back. So, I told him my silver is supposed to be there but has never been shipped. He reluctantly went ahead, but that a check would be sent. How's that? Wire my money in, but Tulving sends a check? I realized that either they don't have the silver yet and don't want to be honest enough to tell me, or they are waiting for the silver to drop more so they can make more money off my order. In any case, there was clear dishonesty on their part as far as I was concerned, and I wanted no part of their games anymore. The price of silver rose, but I still lost over $400 to Tulving on the order and over $3,000 because the price of silver rose during the period of dealing with them. If you want an experience like that, go ahead, order with them. I've learned not to do so. I'll go to my local dealer, give my cash to them and walk out with silver in my hand. I will not order over the phone or internet. It may cost more to deal with a local, but it's a crap shoot dealing with people who are 2,500 miles away. Tulving? Not I again. Go ahead if you want a similar experience. Quite frankly, it seems to me, Tulving just doesn't give a damn.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
My experience with Tulving was quite disappointing. I waited months for the price of silver to dip down to $27/ounce. When it did, on the advice of my daughter whose boss must have had a special relationship with them, I purchased from Tulving. Kevin told me he had to have payment wired to him before he could guarantee price. It was wired within an hour. With a guarantee of overnight delivery, one would expect Tulving to fill the order quickly, yes? Nope...I waited and waited. I'm not much for dishonest game playing, so after a month and the fourth time of hearing my order would be shipped in 3-4 days, I asked to sell my order back as was promised. Karen said they didn't do that. I called back the next day, and spoke with Kevin as if I hadn't dealt with him. He said, as he had before, that any silver they sold, they would buy back. So, I told him my silver is supposed to be there but has never been shipped. He reluctantly went ahead, but that a check would be sent. How's that? Wire my money in, but Tulving sends a check? I realized that either they don't have the silver yet and don't want to be honest enough to tell me, or they are waiting for the silver to drop more so they can make more money off my order. In any case, there was clear dishonesty on their part as far as I was concerned, and I wanted no part of their games anymore. The price of silver rose, but I still lost over $400 to Tulving on the order and over $3,000 because the price of silver rose during the period of dealing with them. If you want an experience like that, go ahead, order with them. I've learned not to do so. I'll go to my local dealer, give my cash to them and walk out with silver in my hand. I will not order over the phone or internet. It may cost more to deal with a local, but it's a crap shoot dealing with people who are 2,500 miles away. Tulving? Not I again. Go ahead if you want a similar experience. Quite frankly, it seems to me, Tulving just doesn't give a damn.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.