Review Detail

Tulving (Closed)
Gold Dealers

Slow Shipping

Reviewed by Wiley | September 14, 2012

My order of silver was shipped 9 calendar days after Tulving confirmed receipt of the wired payment.

When a dealer advertises that a product is in stock, the standard I look for is shipping within 2 business days after payment is verified. Several days after receiving confirmation of payment but having received no notification of shipment, I called to ask about the delay. Karen assured me that they had the product in stock, and she was pleasant as she explained that the delay was due to a backlog of orders caused by restrictions imposed by their insurance company on the amount they can ship each day. It does make sense that the insurance company would limit the amount that can be put on each UPS truck, thereby limiting their potential loss if a truck is involved in an accident or is targeted by thieves, and it also makes sense that no shipments would be allowed on Friday since UPS doesn’t move on weekends and merchandise would be sitting idle for 2 days in a relatively insecure location.

Still, I’m skeptical that there’s no solution to the problem of long shipping delays. If they can’t renegotiate terms with the insurance company or contract with UPS for multiple pickups each day, they could clear the backlog by shipping some orders through the postal service, which most PM dealers consider to be the safest shipping method. At the very least, the shipping limitations should be explained on their website so buyers know what to expect.

The fact that they haven’t taken steps to resolve the issue invites suspicion that something nefarious may be going on. At best it shows poor management and a lack of respect for customers. My experience wasn’t as bad as that of other reviewers, but unless their shipping times improve, I doubt I’ll take a chance on ordering from them again.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
My order of silver was shipped 9 calendar days after Tulving confirmed receipt of the wired payment.

When a dealer advertises that a product is in stock, the standard I look for is shipping within 2 business days after payment is verified. Several days after receiving confirmation of payment but having received no notification of shipment, I called to ask about the delay. Karen assured me that they had the product in stock, and she was pleasant as she explained that the delay was due to a backlog of orders caused by restrictions imposed by their insurance company on the amount they can ship each day. It does make sense that the insurance company would limit the amount that can be put on each UPS truck, thereby limiting their potential loss if a truck is involved in an accident or is targeted by thieves, and it also makes sense that no shipments would be allowed on Friday since UPS doesn’t move on weekends and merchandise would be sitting idle for 2 days in a relatively insecure location.

Still, I’m skeptical that there’s no solution to the problem of long shipping delays. If they can’t renegotiate terms with the insurance company or contract with UPS for multiple pickups each day, they could clear the backlog by shipping some orders through the postal service, which most PM dealers consider to be the safest shipping method. At the very least, the shipping limitations should be explained on their website so buyers know what to expect.

The fact that they haven’t taken steps to resolve the issue invites suspicion that something nefarious may be going on. At best it shows poor management and a lack of respect for customers. My experience wasn’t as bad as that of other reviewers, but unless their shipping times improve, I doubt I’ll take a chance on ordering from them again.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.