Review Detail

Tulving (Closed)
Gold Dealers

Poor everything! Avoid!

Reviewed by John | September 21, 2012

I would discourage anyone from ordering or dealing with Tulving, regardless of what the "savings" may seem to be. I recommended them to a friend and associate recently who wanted to place a very substantial order involving both gold and silver. Since this person was new to this, I offered to walk the process through. Never again, not with this company.

It took more than six weeks to complete delivery, during which time the new customer was quite nervous. The explanations from the customer service department seemed reasonable until I pushed the communication level up to Mr. Tulving himself. It then became apparent that customer service was being told what to tell people and that the real story was something other. The logic used by Mr. Tulving to explain why product paid for nearly six weeks earlier hadn't been shipped was ridiculous. When I pressed him on the issue, he became combative and unprofessional. I will never recommend his company again to anyone.

The only reason I gave a rating of "two stars" on customer service is in recognition of the nice lady who takes care of shipping and who obviously has to take all of the flak created by Mr. Tulving's lack of transparency, forthrightness, and his evasive answers to questions. She did her best to make things happen and to provide explanations but her story was often in conflict with Mr. Tulving's "story". I feel sorry for this lady and hope that she is able to find a better job with a better employer.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I would discourage anyone from ordering or dealing with Tulving, regardless of what the "savings" may seem to be. I recommended them to a friend and associate recently who wanted to place a very substantial order involving both gold and silver. Since this person was new to this, I offered to walk the process through. Never again, not with this company.

It took more than six weeks to complete delivery, during which time the new customer was quite nervous. The explanations from the customer service department seemed reasonable until I pushed the communication level up to Mr. Tulving himself. It then became apparent that customer service was being told what to tell people and that the real story was something other. The logic used by Mr. Tulving to explain why product paid for nearly six weeks earlier hadn't been shipped was ridiculous. When I pressed him on the issue, he became combative and unprofessional. I will never recommend his company again to anyone.

The only reason I gave a rating of "two stars" on customer service is in recognition of the nice lady who takes care of shipping and who obviously has to take all of the flak created by Mr. Tulving's lack of transparency, forthrightness, and his evasive answers to questions. She did her best to make things happen and to provide explanations but her story was often in conflict with Mr. Tulving's "story". I feel sorry for this lady and hope that she is able to find a better job with a better employer.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by John
September 21, 2012
One final thought. Mr. Tulving says that they NEVER ship on Fridays because they insist that such valuable orders not sit in the UPS warehouse over the weekend. That is simply not true and I believe they gain a significant amount of "float" time with the products they sell by removing two shipping days from the week. Two thirds of the very large order my associated placed was shipped on a Friday after more than a six week wait, sat in the warehouse over the weekend in his hometown, and was delivered on Monday morning. Tulving's "policies" are there for Mr. Tulving's benefit, in my opinion, NOT the customers, as they seem to be quite fluid.
1 results - showing 1 - 1