Review Detail

Tulving (Closed)
Gold Dealers

LAME

Reviewed by John Thompson | January 21, 2013

First of all, isn't it interesting how there are so many buyers who have gotten the shaft, and at the same time buyers who have nothing but praise and 5 star ratings for this outfit. Something smells fishy. My experience is as follows. I was interested in trading some 90% for boxes of silver eagles. Due to what I have read about this seller online, I refused to consider shipping my 90% with the promise of receiving my boxes of silver eagles. I was NOT going to get caught up in some months long fiasco. So I called and spoke to Hannes. I explained that I would like to make a direct trade, face to face. I could meet one of his people in a bank, at my house, at their warehouse or wherever he wanted. He said that was not an option. His reply was "If we did it your way, then we'd be sitting on millions of dollars worth of metals." When the website says 100 boxes in stock, 500 boxes in stock or whatever, apparently it isn't true. So I said, "OK, get the boxes then we can set up the trade." Again, not an option. The only choice I was given was that I could drop off my 90% in person (2500 oz minimum!) and I would get a receipt. Then I could pick up the eagles in a few days. He wants me to hand over $75,000 worth of silver to HIM? Wow, and all I get is a piece of paper / receipt? No thanks. Apparently, my 90% would first have to be sold, then he would have the funds to buy eagles for me as they were not "in stock" as it said on the website. He was friendly enough on the phone. Sure, he was trying to suck me in with my 2500 oz of silver. Of course he's going to be nice. Once I would hand him the silver, all the power would then be in HIS hands and I would be the one sweating bullets. That was the first and last time I deal with those guys. I found another dealer and was able to make my trades face to face with no bs.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
First of all, isn't it interesting how there are so many buyers who have gotten the shaft, and at the same time buyers who have nothing but praise and 5 star ratings for this outfit. Something smells fishy. My experience is as follows. I was interested in trading some 90% for boxes of silver eagles. Due to what I have read about this seller online, I refused to consider shipping my 90% with the promise of receiving my boxes of silver eagles. I was NOT going to get caught up in some months long fiasco. So I called and spoke to Hannes. I explained that I would like to make a direct trade, face to face. I could meet one of his people in a bank, at my house, at their warehouse or wherever he wanted. He said that was not an option. His reply was "If we did it your way, then we'd be sitting on millions of dollars worth of metals." When the website says 100 boxes in stock, 500 boxes in stock or whatever, apparently it isn't true. So I said, "OK, get the boxes then we can set up the trade." Again, not an option. The only choice I was given was that I could drop off my 90% in person (2500 oz minimum!) and I would get a receipt. Then I could pick up the eagles in a few days. He wants me to hand over $75,000 worth of silver to HIM? Wow, and all I get is a piece of paper / receipt? No thanks. Apparently, my 90% would first have to be sold, then he would have the funds to buy eagles for me as they were not "in stock" as it said on the website. He was friendly enough on the phone. Sure, he was trying to suck me in with my 2500 oz of silver. Of course he's going to be nice. Once I would hand him the silver, all the power would then be in HIS hands and I would be the one sweating bullets. That was the first and last time I deal with those guys. I found another dealer and was able to make my trades face to face with no bs.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.