Review Detail

Merit Gold (Closed)
Gold Dealers

beware the pitch

Reviewed by Lowell | February 13, 2013

I thought I had done my homework, having talked by phone with about 5 different and supposedly reputable dealers. I thought that some coins could be confiscated by government, & that some were exempt. Later research proved this is not really so, but the salesman @ Merit convinced me that it really is so. I chalk that up to my own gullibility. However, I have since learned that I paid way too much premium for the proof sets & coins that I bought.
Apparently these guys can just charge "whatever the traffic will bear". Once again, more research would perhaps have prevented this mistake on my part. Just know that there are much better places to buy gold & silver than from Merit.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I thought I had done my homework, having talked by phone with about 5 different and supposedly reputable dealers. I thought that some coins could be confiscated by government, & that some were exempt. Later research proved this is not really so, but the salesman @ Merit convinced me that it really is so. I chalk that up to my own gullibility. However, I have since learned that I paid way too much premium for the proof sets & coins that I bought.
Apparently these guys can just charge "whatever the traffic will bear". Once again, more research would perhaps have prevented this mistake on my part. Just know that there are much better places to buy gold & silver than from Merit.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.