Review Detail

Tulving (Closed)
Gold Dealers

Unpleasant crooks

Reviewed by Joe Bullion | March 03, 2013

I transacted about $2.5M with Tulving over mostly 2011. The company always sent payments on time. I had two negative experiences:

1. On one order they calculated the total incorrectly. Karen treated me like an idiot. When she finally figured out that the error was in their favor and that I was trying to return money to them, her attitude improved. However she was particularly unpleasant when trying to explain the mistake to them. And her hours were very limited, so it was challenging to reach her - of course, she was the only one able to handle the issue as the order takers were busy submitting their employment applications at McDonalds.

2. An order taker mistakenly recorded the nature of a batch I sent in. The mistake was roughly $50/coin and $900 for the order. Hannes admitted he received the right item but that it was my fault I didn't correct the order taker. He claimed he already sold the batch. Of course he resold the batch at the right price and kept the $900 markup. I gave him numerous chances to do the right thing, especially in light of our significant (over 25 orders), successful transaction history and that I had previously pointed out an error in his favor.

You can't do good business with bad (attitude, service, ethics) people.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I transacted about $2.5M with Tulving over mostly 2011. The company always sent payments on time. I had two negative experiences:

1. On one order they calculated the total incorrectly. Karen treated me like an idiot. When she finally figured out that the error was in their favor and that I was trying to return money to them, her attitude improved. However she was particularly unpleasant when trying to explain the mistake to them. And her hours were very limited, so it was challenging to reach her - of course, she was the only one able to handle the issue as the order takers were busy submitting their employment applications at McDonalds.

2. An order taker mistakenly recorded the nature of a batch I sent in. The mistake was roughly $50/coin and $900 for the order. Hannes admitted he received the right item but that it was my fault I didn't correct the order taker. He claimed he already sold the batch. Of course he resold the batch at the right price and kept the $900 markup. I gave him numerous chances to do the right thing, especially in light of our significant (over 25 orders), successful transaction history and that I had previously pointed out an error in his favor.

You can't do good business with bad (attitude, service, ethics) people.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.