Review Detail

Tulving (Closed)
Gold Dealers

Previous loyal customer

Reviewed by Terrence J Lee | June 21, 2013

I have purchased from Tulving many times in the past. I had even recommended friends and family. Thank God that my recent referrals got their orders filled. Some of my own orders were shipped promptly (within a week) and others took several weeks, but they all arrived within a month or so.

On Apr 15, 2013 I wired funds as usual, that were immediately cleared. I got a confirmation that the funds were good. I waited a few weeks. Perhaps I wasn't that diligent about nagging them because of the past history and trust I had for them. Also, I'm busy with work and don't always have time to call between the hours of 10-2 that Karen is there. Before I knew it, it had been 4 weeks. After the 4th week, I called to complain and I got a general answer that it isn't in the shipping queue yet, but will be soon. This was always the answer every few days that I called. I was not allowed to talk to Hannes. Then I was told that the product (Maples) was in short supply from the Mint. She suggested I switch to Kangaroos, which were in stock. I agreed. Today, we are 5 weeks later and still no shipment and no clear answer. I've been instructed to email Hannes and I have been going back and forth with him. One time, he said it would be shipped "in a few days". Then a few days later, he wrote they would be "shipped shortly". I asked for a firm date and he replied "no firm date". I will give them the benefit of a doubt before going to the Newport Beach police. I'll report back on Monday.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I have purchased from Tulving many times in the past. I had even recommended friends and family. Thank God that my recent referrals got their orders filled. Some of my own orders were shipped promptly (within a week) and others took several weeks, but they all arrived within a month or so.

On Apr 15, 2013 I wired funds as usual, that were immediately cleared. I got a confirmation that the funds were good. I waited a few weeks. Perhaps I wasn't that diligent about nagging them because of the past history and trust I had for them. Also, I'm busy with work and don't always have time to call between the hours of 10-2 that Karen is there. Before I knew it, it had been 4 weeks. After the 4th week, I called to complain and I got a general answer that it isn't in the shipping queue yet, but will be soon. This was always the answer every few days that I called. I was not allowed to talk to Hannes. Then I was told that the product (Maples) was in short supply from the Mint. She suggested I switch to Kangaroos, which were in stock. I agreed. Today, we are 5 weeks later and still no shipment and no clear answer. I've been instructed to email Hannes and I have been going back and forth with him. One time, he said it would be shipped "in a few days". Then a few days later, he wrote they would be "shipped shortly". I asked for a firm date and he replied "no firm date". I will give them the benefit of a doubt before going to the Newport Beach police. I'll report back on Monday.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Steve Johnson
June 22, 2013
Hi Terrence, there seem to several of us in the same boat. Wonder if us working together will get better results from Tulving. What are your thoughts?
In reply to an earlier comment

Written by Terrence J Lee
June 25, 2013
I received everything intact today. Only took 70 days, a couple dozen phone calls and an email about going to the police.
In reply to an earlier comment

Written by Never do business with him again
June 28, 2013
Steve,
Hey, I feel for you guys. My understanding I got from attorneys was that bankruptcy courts can seize assets, both present and past (6 months of past invoices), until they work out the creditors. You will want to be up front in line as that's the order the courts will proceed. I would talk to the district attorney if I was you. Good luck!
3 results - showing 1 - 3