Review Detail

Tulving (Closed)
Gold Dealers

Tarnished with age

Reviewed by Ted Silverman | June 25, 2013
Last updated: July 04, 2013

Updated and revised on 3 July 2013

My order was delivered today, a little over six weeks since it was placed. Was it a good buy? Yes. Was it timely service? No.

It strikes me that the The Tulving Company is in a kind of sleepy time warp. On their website they proudly state that the company has been an Internet retailer since 1995. All these years later, though, their caliber of customer care has not budged---it's still at the 1995 level.

There is no dispute that Tulving offers good buys on a wide range of products. Some of the values are exceptional. The competition, though, has not stood still. Today, Tulving is competing against a growing cadre of online metal dealers---competitors with good prices, great websites and first-class sales departments. With thousands of dollars on the line, today's customers expect (and deserve) top flight personal service. Like all of you, I had one critical question for The Tulving Company as I placed my order back in May: When will it ship? Tulving was unable to answer.

The best dealers, on the other hand, CAN answer that key question. Personally, I don't expect perfection but I do expect a sales rep. can accurately project a ship date that falls in a 10-day shipping window. The best dealer will also send me weekly e-mail updates to tell me if the ship date falls behind schedule for any reason. Finally, when the package ships I expect a tracking number via e-mail. Timely communication is key.

With Tulving, six weeks to ship an "in stock" item was just awful. It doesn't cut the mustard. I wish the folks at The Tulving Company would just take a day off and spend 24 hours looking at the competition. They should look at Texas Precious Metals or Colorado Gold. The competition is good and getting better all the time. If a new and improved Tulving 2.0 is not born soon, one focused on customer service and prompt shipping, I doubt I'll be contacting them again.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
Updated and revised on 3 July 2013

My order was delivered today, a little over six weeks since it was placed. Was it a good buy? Yes. Was it timely service? No.

It strikes me that the The Tulving Company is in a kind of sleepy time warp. On their website they proudly state that the company has been an Internet retailer since 1995. All these years later, though, their caliber of customer care has not budged---it's still at the 1995 level.

There is no dispute that Tulving offers good buys on a wide range of products. Some of the values are exceptional. The competition, though, has not stood still. Today, Tulving is competing against a growing cadre of online metal dealers---competitors with good prices, great websites and first-class sales departments. With thousands of dollars on the line, today's customers expect (and deserve) top flight personal service. Like all of you, I had one critical question for The Tulving Company as I placed my order back in May: When will it ship? Tulving was unable to answer.

The best dealers, on the other hand, CAN answer that key question. Personally, I don't expect perfection but I do expect a sales rep. can accurately project a ship date that falls in a 10-day shipping window. The best dealer will also send me weekly e-mail updates to tell me if the ship date falls behind schedule for any reason. Finally, when the package ships I expect a tracking number via e-mail. Timely communication is key.

With Tulving, six weeks to ship an "in stock" item was just awful. It doesn't cut the mustard. I wish the folks at The Tulving Company would just take a day off and spend 24 hours looking at the competition. They should look at Texas Precious Metals or Colorado Gold. The competition is good and getting better all the time. If a new and improved Tulving 2.0 is not born soon, one focused on customer service and prompt shipping, I doubt I'll be contacting them again.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Never do business with him again
June 28, 2013
Tim,
You're correct!
I feel for you guys. My understanding I got from attorneys was that bankruptcy courts can seize assets, both present and past (6 months of past invoices), until they work out the creditors. You will want to be up front in line as that's the order the courts will proceed. I would talk to the district attorney if I was you. Good luck!
1 results - showing 1 - 1