Review Detail

Tulving (Closed)
Gold Dealers

Have done business with tulving many times. NEVER AGAIN!

Reviewed by Jim Smith | August 19, 2013

I too have been a customer of Tulving for years, having bought, sold and traded everything from my first bags of junk silver to 10 oz and 100 oz silver bars to 50 pesos, etc. Last year I noticed the time it took to turn around a trade kept increasing from a week or so to multiple weeks.
In early May an order was placed with Tulving over the phone for the purchase of one 1000 oz silver bar. Funds were wired to Tulving that day and successfully arrived the following day. Five weeks later I inquired with Karen at Tulving about the status of my order and was told that Tulving was experiencing "some delays" with some of the products. I was asked if I was interested in choosing a different product, which I did. My order was changed from one 1000 oz silver bar to rounds at the cost of an additional $300. A personal check for $300 was immediately sent to Tulving and my records show it was immediately deposited. I was told by the salesman that the new product would be shipping the week of 06/24/13.
I inquired again about the status of my order the week of 07/08/13 and was told it should be shipping around the end of the week. I inquired again the week of 07/22/13 and Karen reported that my order would be shipping shortly. I followed up on 07/29/13 and was treated very rudely by Karen and told not to call on Mondays and that she did not have an order status for me. I proceeded to e-mail Mr. Hannes Tulving that day (07/29/13) and his response via e-mail was "Plan on shipping this week".
On 08/06/13 I followed up with Mr. Tulving with the question, "Has this shipped out?" to which Mr. Tulving replied, "Not yet". My response was, "What is holding it up? This Thursday is 3 months. I'm a patient man but at some point I will have to say "enough"." to which I never received a response from Mr. Tulving.
I then filed a complaint with the BBB and let Mr. Tulving know that if he failed to respond in a timely manner I would be contacting my local law enforcement and his local law enforcement. The next day (Friday) I recieved a shipping confirmation from Tulving and my order arrived today (Monday).
My order took 104 days to arrive and at no time did Tulving provide me with any kind of legitimate status of where things stood.
I no longer care what Tulving's posted prices are, I am not risking my dollars and am done being treated like the doormat on the way in to the farm house at a cattle ranch. I have no idea what kind of foolishness is going on behind the scenes at Tulving but I'm not going to stick around and find out.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I too have been a customer of Tulving for years, having bought, sold and traded everything from my first bags of junk silver to 10 oz and 100 oz silver bars to 50 pesos, etc. Last year I noticed the time it took to turn around a trade kept increasing from a week or so to multiple weeks.
In early May an order was placed with Tulving over the phone for the purchase of one 1000 oz silver bar. Funds were wired to Tulving that day and successfully arrived the following day. Five weeks later I inquired with Karen at Tulving about the status of my order and was told that Tulving was experiencing "some delays" with some of the products. I was asked if I was interested in choosing a different product, which I did. My order was changed from one 1000 oz silver bar to rounds at the cost of an additional $300. A personal check for $300 was immediately sent to Tulving and my records show it was immediately deposited. I was told by the salesman that the new product would be shipping the week of 06/24/13.
I inquired again about the status of my order the week of 07/08/13 and was told it should be shipping around the end of the week. I inquired again the week of 07/22/13 and Karen reported that my order would be shipping shortly. I followed up on 07/29/13 and was treated very rudely by Karen and told not to call on Mondays and that she did not have an order status for me. I proceeded to e-mail Mr. Hannes Tulving that day (07/29/13) and his response via e-mail was "Plan on shipping this week".
On 08/06/13 I followed up with Mr. Tulving with the question, "Has this shipped out?" to which Mr. Tulving replied, "Not yet". My response was, "What is holding it up? This Thursday is 3 months. I'm a patient man but at some point I will have to say "enough"." to which I never received a response from Mr. Tulving.
I then filed a complaint with the BBB and let Mr. Tulving know that if he failed to respond in a timely manner I would be contacting my local law enforcement and his local law enforcement. The next day (Friday) I recieved a shipping confirmation from Tulving and my order arrived today (Monday).
My order took 104 days to arrive and at no time did Tulving provide me with any kind of legitimate status of where things stood.
I no longer care what Tulving's posted prices are, I am not risking my dollars and am done being treated like the doormat on the way in to the farm house at a cattle ranch. I have no idea what kind of foolishness is going on behind the scenes at Tulving but I'm not going to stick around and find out.

Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.