Review Detail

Provident Metals
Gold Dealers

Reviewed by Robert Macdonald | May 25, 2011

At first I liked this dealer but am no longer doing business with them. They have a great web page and I like the real time prices but they screwed up several orders and pissed me off while trying to fix the last one

Issue 1 - Kennedy half mixed in with my Franklins. Check ALL of your tubes if you buy from them

Issue 2 - Ordered 100 Average Barber Dimes .. I actually recieved the right weight in dimes, but counted 108 dimes because many were cull very thin and were not the average dimes I expected.

Issue 3 - Recieved the poured version of a 100 OZ bullion bar when I explicitly ordered the Extruded

Final straw .. It cost me $26.95 + gas and time to ship the bullion back registered mail for Issue #3. I was told I would be compensated for the shipping expense. I emailed them the tracking info and cost of shipping. They never responded to the email and only sent me a 1/2 ounce silver round in compensation.... basically shorting me about $8.

great website but they lack quality control and could use a refresher in customer service

At first I liked this dealer but am no longer doing business with them. They have a great web page and I like the real time prices but they screwed up several orders and pissed me off while trying to fix the last one

Issue 1 - Kennedy half mixed in with my Franklins. Check ALL of your tubes if you buy from them

Issue 2 - Ordered 100 Average Barber Dimes .. I actually recieved the right weight in dimes, but counted 108 dimes because many were cull very thin and were not the average dimes I expected.

Issue 3 - Recieved the poured version of a 100 OZ bullion bar when I explicitly ordered the Extruded

Final straw .. It cost me $26.95 + gas and time to ship the bullion back registered mail for Issue #3. I was told I would be compensated for the shipping expense. I emailed them the tracking info and cost of shipping. They never responded to the email and only sent me a 1/2 ounce silver round in compensation.... basically shorting me about $8.

great website but they lack quality control and could use a refresher in customer service
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

N/A
Customer Service 

N/A
Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.