Review Detail

JM Bullion
Gold Dealers

Mixed Review

Reviewed by Brian | September 09, 2016

Good thing about JM is that I've always (thus far) gotten what I've paid for in good/new condition. But it appears they are only really set up to move efficiently when you pay with credit cards or some type of bank product. Of course when you do that, you pay the extra premium (credit card fees) on top of what they charge over spot, which makes their bullion more expensive than I want to pay.

They take money orders, and I'm willing to wait the extra time its takes to get the metals. But even after 7-8 orders in a 3 month period totaling thousands, you're still not a trusted, valued customer. They hold money orders (guaranteed money) far longer than they should before shipping and question your motives for paying with money orders vs. opening some product with a Federal Reserve bank franchise and paying the extra premium (credit card fees).

I still have two outstanding orders with JM and will wait the extra time they say these two will take, despite using the same US Postal Service money orders I always have. I'm going to try to find local dealers to buy from in the future as the process to buy from JM is far too tedious. But again, if you're willing to pay 13.6% over spot for silver by using credit cards at JM and getting their smoothest, preferred, service vs. paying 9% over spot (still too high, but was willing to pay it) for silver via money order and getting choppy service, you're good to go.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
Good thing about JM is that I've always (thus far) gotten what I've paid for in good/new condition. But it appears they are only really set up to move efficiently when you pay with credit cards or some type of bank product. Of course when you do that, you pay the extra premium (credit card fees) on top of what they charge over spot, which makes their bullion more expensive than I want to pay.

They take money orders, and I'm willing to wait the extra time its takes to get the metals. But even after 7-8 orders in a 3 month period totaling thousands, you're still not a trusted, valued customer. They hold money orders (guaranteed money) far longer than they should before shipping and question your motives for paying with money orders vs. opening some product with a Federal Reserve bank franchise and paying the extra premium (credit card fees).

I still have two outstanding orders with JM and will wait the extra time they say these two will take, despite using the same US Postal Service money orders I always have. I'm going to try to find local dealers to buy from in the future as the process to buy from JM is far too tedious. But again, if you're willing to pay 13.6% over spot for silver by using credit cards at JM and getting their smoothest, preferred, service vs. paying 9% over spot (still too high, but was willing to pay it) for silver via money order and getting choppy service, you're good to go.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.