Review Detail

SD Bullion
Gold Dealers

SD Bullion makes good on "lost" shipment

Reviewed by Richard Pierce | March 15, 2021
Last updated: March 24, 2021

This is my first order with SD Bullion. I placed my substantial order (20 1oz Gold Eagles) on 2/16/2021 and paid them via wire on 2/18/2021. I received a tracking number from Fedex on 2/25/2021 for delivery by 3/2/2021. The order never arrived...I notified them on 3/2 and again on 3/4...They told me of "weather delays" but by 3/10 I questioned whether it even shipped...being a new customer of SDB, I did not have any history with them. I was suspect as I have experience buying metal from other suppliers without incident. On 3/12/2021 SD Bullion told me to fill out a "Statement of Loss" claim form with them that they need to explore the claim with Fedex and their insurance company and per their email..... "Please allow 7-10 business days for our team to coordinate with the carrier and allow their internal processes to begin. Attached you will find a Statement of Loss Form".....On 3/18/2021 I was asked to submit a "notarized" "Statement of Loss Affidavit": I had to go to my local notary!!!. I am not sure what lead to the loss of my shipment and what responsibility SDB bears if any. I feel better about this company now that I have received delivery but I do not appreciate going thru this experience. I received my order this morning(3/24/2021) via Fedex 2nd day air. It was packaged well but over 3 weeks later than expected. Customer Service was helpful in submitting claim for lost shipment and they did follow up with me to ensure delivery. I will consider buying from them again despite this "rocky" first order.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
This is my first order with SD Bullion. I placed my substantial order (20 1oz Gold Eagles) on 2/16/2021 and paid them via wire on 2/18/2021. I received a tracking number from Fedex on 2/25/2021 for delivery by 3/2/2021. The order never arrived...I notified them on 3/2 and again on 3/4...They told me of "weather delays" but by 3/10 I questioned whether it even shipped...being a new customer of SDB, I did not have any history with them. I was suspect as I have experience buying metal from other suppliers without incident. On 3/12/2021 SD Bullion told me to fill out a "Statement of Loss" claim form with them that they need to explore the claim with Fedex and their insurance company and per their email..... "Please allow 7-10 business days for our team to coordinate with the carrier and allow their internal processes to begin. Attached you will find a Statement of Loss Form".....On 3/18/2021 I was asked to submit a "notarized" "Statement of Loss Affidavit": I had to go to my local notary!!!. I am not sure what lead to the loss of my shipment and what responsibility SDB bears if any. I feel better about this company now that I have received delivery but I do not appreciate going thru this experience. I received my order this morning(3/24/2021) via Fedex 2nd day air. It was packaged well but over 3 weeks later than expected. Customer Service was helpful in submitting claim for lost shipment and they did follow up with me to ensure delivery. I will consider buying from them again despite this "rocky" first order.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.