Review Detail

Provident Metals
Gold Dealers

Problems with quality and then they won't replace bad stuff any more

Reviewed by Cpenn | April 27, 2012

I chose them based on reviews but have had a lot of issues. I made 8 orders and had a problem with with very poor quality coins or damaged cases on items like coin proof sets. After requesting replacements this last time they refused to replace a 1962 mint set that is severely tarnished and should have never been sold at a full price of a good quality set and they told me they will no longer replace any damaged items I receive from them. Obviously I told them how disappointed I was with them considering they are the ones who choose the products and package them for shipping. In addition they do not use any packing material to protect the products during shipping.

A good retailer who had sent broken and poor quality items to a customer so often should apologize for these issues and make assurances that it is not normal instead of telling that customer they will no longer fulfill the return policy that is advertised on their site.

Do not buy from these guys.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I chose them based on reviews but have had a lot of issues. I made 8 orders and had a problem with with very poor quality coins or damaged cases on items like coin proof sets. After requesting replacements this last time they refused to replace a 1962 mint set that is severely tarnished and should have never been sold at a full price of a good quality set and they told me they will no longer replace any damaged items I receive from them. Obviously I told them how disappointed I was with them considering they are the ones who choose the products and package them for shipping. In addition they do not use any packing material to protect the products during shipping.

A good retailer who had sent broken and poor quality items to a customer so often should apologize for these issues and make assurances that it is not normal instead of telling that customer they will no longer fulfill the return policy that is advertised on their site.

Do not buy from these guys.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by ian ross
August 25, 2012
How do you expect a 1962 set to look. The tarnishing does not alter their value in any way.
1 results - showing 1 - 1