Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Package not delivered

Reviewed by Pramod | May 30, 2012

When I checked the delivery status at USPS it says it was delivered at 10:58 AM and signed by me. I was at my work from 6:45 AM until 4:45 PM. The proof of delivery emailed to me by USPS has no signature on the "signature of the recipient". When I called the post office they told me it was left in my mail box. Why would someone leave a package that needs signature confirmation in my mail box without getting my signature? This is my first buying experience and been a nightmare so far calling APMEX and local post office. They already cashed my check for $2000 more than a week ago. APMEX should fix their product delivery issues. I have been living at my new home which is in a very reputed neighborhood for more than a year and never had lost packages. I understand it is USPS fault but APMEX should pick a postal carrier who is more reliable and deliver packages only to the recipient after getting signature.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
When I checked the delivery status at USPS it says it was delivered at 10:58 AM and signed by me. I was at my work from 6:45 AM until 4:45 PM. The proof of delivery emailed to me by USPS has no signature on the "signature of the recipient". When I called the post office they told me it was left in my mail box. Why would someone leave a package that needs signature confirmation in my mail box without getting my signature? This is my first buying experience and been a nightmare so far calling APMEX and local post office. They already cashed my check for $2000 more than a week ago. APMEX should fix their product delivery issues. I have been living at my new home which is in a very reputed neighborhood for more than a year and never had lost packages. I understand it is USPS fault but APMEX should pick a postal carrier who is more reliable and deliver packages only to the recipient after getting signature.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.
Written by Samuel
May 30, 2012
I'm not a huge Apemx fan, but this is totally USPS' fault. You should not be leaving a review about this here. Most dealers will allow you to ship FedEx or UPS if you request it, but it is much more expensive. Provident Metals seems to be the most reasonable with FedEx and UPS, and Gainesville is okay sometimes.
In reply to an earlier comment

Written by john
June 16, 2012
I agree that is an issue with the usps carrier not being properly trained or lazy. I have place just 2 orders with APMEX both to my office and both times the carrier came into the office for a signature. I plan on using APMEX for more purchases in the future
Written by Matt
February 15, 2019
Whether or not it's USPS fault Apmex IS ultimately responsible. All businesses use 3rd parties for certain aspects of their business and they are responsible in the end for that 3rd party.

If you had a roofer put new shingles on your roof and the company he bought the shingles from sold him bad shingles what do you do when you notice your roof leaking? Obviously you hold the roofer responsible right?
3 results - showing 1 - 3