Review Detail

APMEX
Gold Dealers

Apmex is OK but surely not the best site to buy your silver and gold.

Reviewed by Eric | July 11, 2012

I really love the website set up at APMEX and it is very easy to buy but the prices with a credit card are rediculous and with a check they are still higher that other places. For example a Silver Maple leaf is 32.50 compared to 30.10 at ProvidentMetals.com. A 2.5 gram gold bar is 155 compared to 140. So therefore I am going to shop at Provident Metals for they are cheaper than any other site I have visited and I have visited every one. And each site either has some bs you have to go through to buy there, a high markup over spot, high charges for using a credit/debit card, or shipping thats too high. For a 1500 dollar order I pay 11 dollars a Provident Metals. Check it out people.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I really love the website set up at APMEX and it is very easy to buy but the prices with a credit card are rediculous and with a check they are still higher that other places. For example a Silver Maple leaf is 32.50 compared to 30.10 at ProvidentMetals.com. A 2.5 gram gold bar is 155 compared to 140. So therefore I am going to shop at Provident Metals for they are cheaper than any other site I have visited and I have visited every one. And each site either has some bs you have to go through to buy there, a high markup over spot, high charges for using a credit/debit card, or shipping thats too high. For a 1500 dollar order I pay 11 dollars a Provident Metals. Check it out people.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.