Review Detail

Texas Precious Metals
Gold Dealers

A Feeling of Quiet Confidence

Reviewed by gordon brown | July 17, 2012
Last updated: November 05, 2012

I was a 1st time buyer at the end of June 2012. Delivery was over 10 days but that included a weekend and the 4th of July. I bought again on July 10th and expect UPS delivery sometime today. I'm very satisfied in dealing with them as there is no pressure to buy and I've had a nice long chat with them regarding the finer details of how international gold markets work and how spot rates are developed & quoted. I would not hesitate to recommend them in the future although my experience has been that I'm not getting 3-day delivery. I bought/paid by wire on a Tuesday but the order wasn't processed & transferred to UPS until the following Monday. Of course, freight was free and I can't complain about 24 hour overnight shipping. Would like to see an 800- tele number and a little more professionalism when they answer the phone. One girl picked up the phone and just said, "Hello." Not a big deal in the greater scheme of things but for a newbie it was a bit disconcerting and caused one to wonder what sort of a firm I was dealing with!

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
Yes
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
Yes
I was a 1st time buyer at the end of June 2012. Delivery was over 10 days but that included a weekend and the 4th of July. I bought again on July 10th and expect UPS delivery sometime today. I'm very satisfied in dealing with them as there is no pressure to buy and I've had a nice long chat with them regarding the finer details of how international gold markets work and how spot rates are developed & quoted. I would not hesitate to recommend them in the future although my experience has been that I'm not getting 3-day delivery. I bought/paid by wire on a Tuesday but the order wasn't processed & transferred to UPS until the following Monday. Of course, freight was free and I can't complain about 24 hour overnight shipping. Would like to see an 800- tele number and a little more professionalism when they answer the phone. One girl picked up the phone and just said, "Hello." Not a big deal in the greater scheme of things but for a newbie it was a bit disconcerting and caused one to wonder what sort of a firm I was dealing with!
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.