Review Detail

Provident Metals
Gold Dealers

Beware

Reviewed by Jimmy | March 18, 2013

I dont usually do this with companies but it seems its Provident Metals lucky day! I used to by from these guys all the time, not huge orders by any means but consistent since around the middle of last year. As the holidays approached there shipping times started to degrade quite a bit but it was the holidays so I understood. Well there ship times have continued to get worse to a point that its been 3 weeks now and have 2 outstanding orders that have not shipped. These are small orders ( 1/10 Gold Eagle, some fractional silver bullion, etc.) and since I am impatient, I only order stuff that says "In Stock". Well there new policy is this, let me explain to you.

The reason they told me my orders have not shipped is because of the 1/10 Ounce Incuse Indian Silver Rounds that I ordered and they pointed out this disclaimer:

"Due to high demand, some orders containing these rounds may experience a delay of up to 15 business days from the time payment is confirmed."

Well that is all fine and dandy but why do they put in green " In Stock " on there site? So even though they say in stock, its really not and that is a very big no-no in my eyes when it comes to this sort of merchandise. Sounds a little fishy to me because now they have added a disclaimer on these things that allows them to keep your money and give you nothing in return for 3 weeks or so.

If it in stock, offer it for sale and ship.

If its not in stock, clearly state this on your site.

Customer's Experience

Did You Receive What You Ordered?
No
Would You Purchase From This Dealer Again?
No
I dont usually do this with companies but it seems its Provident Metals lucky day! I used to by from these guys all the time, not huge orders by any means but consistent since around the middle of last year. As the holidays approached there shipping times started to degrade quite a bit but it was the holidays so I understood. Well there ship times have continued to get worse to a point that its been 3 weeks now and have 2 outstanding orders that have not shipped. These are small orders ( 1/10 Gold Eagle, some fractional silver bullion, etc.) and since I am impatient, I only order stuff that says "In Stock". Well there new policy is this, let me explain to you.

The reason they told me my orders have not shipped is because of the 1/10 Ounce Incuse Indian Silver Rounds that I ordered and they pointed out this disclaimer:

"Due to high demand, some orders containing these rounds may experience a delay of up to 15 business days from the time payment is confirmed."

Well that is all fine and dandy but why do they put in green " In Stock " on there site? So even though they say in stock, its really not and that is a very big no-no in my eyes when it comes to this sort of merchandise. Sounds a little fishy to me because now they have added a disclaimer on these things that allows them to keep your money and give you nothing in return for 3 weeks or so.

If it in stock, offer it for sale and ship.

If its not in stock, clearly state this on your site.
Overall rating 

Shipping Time 

Customer Service 

Buying Experience 

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.